The ImageEngine plugin for Prestashop will enable ImageEngine on your site by adding your delivery address to the
Media server #1 setting. Additionally, the module will enable client hints and preconnect features.
You will first need to sign up for an ImageEngine account, if you do not already have one. During the signup process, you’ll be asked for the website domain where you intend to use ImageEngine and the origin where images are stored. For more information about signing up, please refer to this article: Getting Started: Signup.
Once signed up, you will be issued a unique delivery address following this pattern: aabbcc.cdn.imgeng.in.
Download the module
The lastes release is available for download on Github.
Install the module in Prestashop
Log in to the admin section of your Prestashop instance.
1. Go to Module Manager
From the main menu, click "Modules" and then "Module Manager".
2. Upload the ImageEngine module
Click the "Upload a module" button, top right corner and upload the
imageengine.zip file downloaded from Github in previous steps.
3. Configure the ImageEngine module
Follow the on-screen instructions and click the "Configure" button. You can also find the module listed in the "Module Manager".
- Input your ImageEngine delivery address where the arrow indicates in the image above. If you don't have a delivery address set up, follow the link "Claim your ImageEngine account" and follow the instructions.
- Make sure all the options are enabled:
- "Enable CDN" toggles ImageEngine on or off
- "Preconnect directives" adds instructions to the browser to connect to ImageEngine as early as possible to speed up page loading. Recommended to be enabled.
- "Client Hints directives" adds instructions to the browser to supply more detailed information about image sizes. Read more about Client Hints here. Recommended to be enabled.
- "Permissions policy directives" will make sure access to the client hints are delegated to ImageEngine. Recommended to be enabled.
- Hit the "Save" button
Check your store to verify that images are served from ImageEngine. Also check that
Media server #1 has the value of your delivery address. You may also use the verify feature in the control panel
Note: you may need to purge cache to see the changes to take effect.