However, you can also enable ImageEngine to serve JPEG XL to supporting browsers and other more suitable formats to other browsers automatically. This is achieved by defining JPEG XL as the "Preferred Output Format" for your engine.
When JPEG XL, or any other file format, is chosen as the preferred format, ImageEngine will prioritize this format in the conversion chain. The selected format will only be served to browsers with support for the preferred format. If the browser does not support it, ImageEngine will fall back to serve a suitable format.
Steps to enable JPEG XL:
- Log in to your account at control.imageengine.io
- Navigate to the engine where you want to set JPEG XL as preferred format
- From the left-hand menu, click "Settings" under the selected engine.
- Click "Advanced Settings" tab
- Scroll down to the "Image Formats" section and enable it
- Click the "Preferred Output Format" option
- Select "jxl" from the drop down.
- Give the setting a name and a path (
/*/**will apply it to everything)
- Save. (allow the setting a few minutes to propagate to the network)
You can now visit an image url with a supporting browser and verify that the image has content type